Become the change you wish to see in the world. As a Mile High Youth Corps (MHYC) Corpsmember, you will:
Create meaningful change
Gain new skills and experiences
Elevate your leadership
Get paid to serve your community
Make friends, build your network and have fun
Position Type: Seasonal, full-time, 3-month service commitment, lifelong impact.
The MHYC Generation Wild Crew is comprised of 4 Corpsmembers (18-24 year-old program participants) who serve together as part of the Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Generation Wild Initiative which aims to connect kids and families to the outdoors. MHYC’s Generation Wild Crew works closely with Northeast Metro Coalition partner organizations that serve the communities of Commerce City, Northwest Aurora, Northeast Park Hill, and Montbello. As a Corpsmember, you will lead and assist activities that provide outreach and education, community engagement, and environmental stewardship. Due to COVID-19, Corpsmembers can expect that some activities will be conducted virtually. Mile High Youth Corps is a regional, non-profit, AmeriCorps affiliated organization that provides service opportunities that help the planet and pathways to a promising future.
- Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $960 per bi-weekly pay period.
- AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,342.86 upon successful completion of the term (300 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the award.
- In the Community: Plan and conduct outreach, education and recreation activities to connect kids and families to the outdoors.
- On Land Stewardship Projects: Complete projects on public lands in Northeast Metro Denver. Projects may include public land improvements, trail construction and maintenance.
- For Mile High Youth Corps: Participate in AmeriCorps National Days of Service and All-Corps Service Projects.
- Education: Lessons focused on environmental stewardship, leadership, civic engagement, college and career readiness and other trainings that will prepare for life after MHYC.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Possible through the National Service Trust on qualifying federal government student loans.
- Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving with MHYC for sixty days. Members share a portion of the cost.
- June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
- Schedules of approximately 40-hours per week will be arranged upon hire. Candidates should expect a standard Monday-Friday schedule during the service term
MHYC is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we encourage you to submit an application anyway.
- 18-24 years-old*
- Residents of Commerce City, Northwest Aurora, Northeast Park Hill, or Montbello are strongly encouraged to apply.
- High school or GED graduate or actively pursuing.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Identification documents are required on your first day (passport or driver’s license and birth certificate or other equivalent documents).
- Must be able to spend 8-10 hours a day outdoors in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.).
- Ability to complete a minimum of 300-hours of service during the term of service.
- Must be able to travel to and from MHYC headquarters and partner service sites in Northeast Metro Denver.
- * Some members of the Generation Wild Crew will be required to drive MHYC vehicles. Drivers must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid driver’s license and have an insurable DMV record.
- Pre-service background-check; this position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
- Corpsmembers must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement.
- MHYC has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Individuals must submit proof of full vaccination, partial vaccination, or submit their COVID-19 vaccination medical or religious exemption request by their first day. If only partial vaccination is submitted, proof of the second shot needs to meet the recommended time interval of the vaccine administered. Please reach out to MHYC staff for exemption forms or more information.
- This position reports to MHYC’s HR & Outreach Specialist
2022 GenerationWild Crew Corpsmember Full Time Summer
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin.