Energy and Water Conservation Crew Leader: Production and Project Support will serve in a leadership position within the Energy and Water Conservation program. The Crew Leader will assist with project and program coordination, ensure quality service delivery and lead Energy and Water Corpsmembers over their 11 month AmeriCorps enrollment. Crew Leaders will coordinate daily schedules, organize warehouse and fleet operations, assist with service data collection, and provide customer service to residents and program partners. Crew Leaders will collaborate with program staff to provide Corpsmember training, ongoing education and contribute to positive outcomes for all Energy and Water Corpsmembers.
This position requires an individual who is a skilled problem solver, experienced leader and positive role model. A Crew Leader must possess a strong work ethic, promote high quality performance in their crew and have a desire to devote themselves to field-based youth development.
*Denver Residents are strongly encouraged to apply*
Reports to: Program Manager, Program and Project Coordinators
Location: This position will report to 953 Decatur St, Denver, CO, 80204 and travel to service sites as needed using MHYC vehicles.
- Biweekly stipend: Earn a living stipend of $1,200 and $100 housing allowance (pre-tax) every two weeks.
- AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $6,345 upon successful completion of a 1700-hour term of service. This award can be used to pay educational-related costs including tuition and payback of qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the education award.
- Timeline: This is a temporary position with enrollment beginning in January for a 1700 hour term (11 month commitment).
- Industry Recognized Certifications Available: Earn OSHA-10, First Aid/CPR, Building Science Principles, Roots of Success. Build your resume and experience for employment within green industries.
- Student Loan Forbearance: Possible through the National Service Trust on qualifying federal government student loans.
- Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance after serving at MHYC for 60 days. Member will have a share of health the monthly insurance premium.
Position Dates: January 10, 2022- December 16, 2022
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8a-4:30p, Friday – 8:00-4:00p
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates daily safety circles, goal setting activities and project debriefs.
- Leads Corpsmembers in daily service planning and operations –scheduling, warehouse organization, tool maintenance, inventory and vehicle management, quality assurance, and data entry.
- Serve as a point of support for technical issues – troubleshoot production issues in the field, communicate effectively with Project Coordinator and Manager for customer service claims
- Assists with on-site coordination of multi-family projects – support project workflow, coordinate data collection, communication of team needs, on-site problem identification and resolution.
- Support Energy and Water warranty service alongside Project Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Assist technical trainings during orientation and re-training as needed
- Install in-home energy and water saving measures (low-flow toilets, kitchen aerators, bathroom aerators, programmable thermostats, and LED light bulbs) and educate the community about the importance of energy and water conservation.
- Field incoming calls from clients and Corpsmembers, assist the Project Coordinator to address customer service questions and technical questions from Corpsmembers.
- Ensures Corpsmembers follow all MHYC policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive environment and helps boost morale. Provides consistent, ongoing feedback to all Corpsmembers. Implements Corpsmembers feedback on production and program.
- Participates in E&W program meetings and reflection/ team building activities.
- Participates in overall program planning and provides on-going suggestions for improvement and design.
MHYC is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we encourage you to submit an application anyway.
- Preferred- 1 term of service as a Corpsmember with MHYC Energy and Water Program.
- Between 21-24 years old. Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- English proficiency; bi-lingual Spanish speaking applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
- Capable of participating in physical labor including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 lbs., able to conduct repetitive hand and arm motions, and able to maneuver in tight spaces, including bending and kneeling. Reasonable accommodations will be made in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Desire and ability to engage with people from different backgrounds and demographics.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving with your team, communication and problem solving.
- This program requires Crew Leaders to be program drivers; driver eligibility requirements: minimum 21 years old, valid driver’s license, and insurable DMV record.
- MHYC has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Individuals must submit proof of full vaccination, partial vaccination, or submit their COVID-19 vaccination exemption request by their first day. If only partial vaccination is submitted, proof of the second shot needs to meet the recommended time interval of the vaccine administered. Please reach out to MHYC staff for exemption forms or more information.
- This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and therefore enrollees must complete a pre-service background check including fingerprinting. Pre-Service drug screen required.
- Must not engage in any prohibited activities listed in the AmeriCorps member service agreement and must adhere to rules and regulations specified in the MHYC handbook.
- Travel with MHYC vehicles required during service.
Visit our website at www.milehighyouthcorps.org and click “Apply Now”. Or visit us in person at 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204. Questions? Email email@example.com or call 303-433-1206 x 221
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.
Energy and Water Crew Leader: Production & Project Support