Hire a Mile High Youth Corps Graduate
Mile High Youth Corps has a 25-year track record of providing young adults with high-quality, hands-on work experience combined with education and training. By integrating paid work experience on community projects with career exploration, education and lifeskills training, the Corps helps youth develop the skills they need to succeed in the classroom, the workforce and everyday life.
Why hire a Mile High Youth Corps graduate?
- Our rigorous programs help young adults develop job readiness skills and a solid work ethic so they can succeed in various work environments. They know how to show up on time, ready for work, all day, everyday.
- Mile High Youth Corps graduates have been exposed to various aspects of green industries, such as Water and Energy Conservation, Land Conservation, and Green Building, and are used to doing difficult work in diverse situations.
- Our staff work one-on-one with graduates to place them in jobs that lead to a variety of career paths beyond construction and landscaping.
- Mile High Youth Corps provides ongoing support to you and the graduate to ensure that new hires are successful in your company.
How can my company get involved?
- Interview and hire program graduates
- Join the Employer Advisory Council and provide input on the education and training we provide graduates
- Speak on career panels and expose our participants to jobs with your company
- Host job shadows and give tours of projects
- Participate in mock interviews to help prepare youth for the “real thing”
- Provide technical training for participants
- Post your job openings at the Corps
- Recruit other employers to support the program
- Make a financial contribution or “sponsor” a Corpsmember slot in the program